I’m super excited about this post! It’s the first time that I am posting a #MacaronArt recipe that comes with an accompanying video and template! Hopefully, it will provide you with a comprehensive look into the makings of macaron art. This is perhaps the longest time I’ve spent on a post. It took about two and a half weeks to complete with me working at least 4 hours every day on it, so roughly 70 hours.
I know it seems a little bit early to publish a Christmas piece this early. The idea behind it was two-folds. I know my life tends to get pretty busy and whatever grand plans I start with for the holiday season always seem to get finished last-minute. I told myself this year (like every year before it) was going to be different! Being that it did take me so long to complete it, I’m glad I started early. The second reason is that I wanted you to have enough time to practice making these bear bear macarons before the big day, whenever that will be for you. Perhaps you might want to bring these to a holiday party or surprise your family on Christmas day. I know they will be thrilled to receive any type of goodies that you personally made with them in mind.
♥♥For the complete tutorial, please watch the video I made:♥♥
Now, I’m going to share some goals I have for the holiday season. This is a piece of advice from one of the professional development courses I took before. When you share your goals publicly, there’s more accountability and leads to a higher rate of success. If you’re interested, here’s a great article from Fast Company which will explain further:
“Sharing your successes publicly may sound a bit narcissistic, but there’s a good reason to boast about your achievements. Studies have shown that publicly sharing your progress can actually help motivate you to…..”
♥♥Mimi’s Goals for this 2015 Holiday Season:♥♥
- Publish one complete Holiday themed macaron tutorial with template and video (check!)
- Send all Christmas cards before Canada Post deadlines: Dec 17th for Canada and December 7th for the rest of the world except Africa. (luckily, I bought X-mas cards after Boxing Day last year! hehe)
- Put up X-mas decorations within one week after November 12th (still need to find my ornaments in storage!)
- Buy extra wine and chocolates to have on hand for emergency gifts! (I wrap and keep these in my car and they are a real life saver!)
- Continue annual canned food and toy collection and donations
- Buy X-mas presents for the kids (not mine, but cute ones related to me)
- Make X-mas goodies for the adults (I think these bears will make the cut!)
- Work hard in November to prepare so enough time can be set aside to spend with family and friends in December
- Don’t forget to call friends and family in Asia on Xmas Eve instead of Xmas day (I tend to forget about the time difference!)
- Eat and enjoy my holiday meals at get-togethers without guilt! (sure, I will excersice later but I don’t think I’m writing that as a goal lol)
- And most importantly…. Whatever happens, don’t stress out!
I really hope you enjoy my little labor of love and would absolutely love to hear some of your goals too! Can’t wait for the holidays!
Other cuties you might like
February 19th, 2017